Caulk Gun Hand Tools
Our caulking guns are shells that hold a caulk tube. They allow pressure to be controlled by the user through a trigger-like handle. Using a caulking gun can take a little practice. Caulking is a cheap and effective way to prevent water damage and it is also ideal for weather proofing.
Another use for a caulking gun is for filling in small cracks and sealing doors. When working in the bathroom, remember to use mold and mildew resistant caulk.
Here are some tips to remember to use a caulking gun:
· Always read and follow the instructions for the compound cartridge, as there may be differences between compounds.
· For the best adhesions, surfaces need to be clean and dry, and free of any paint and old caulk. Use a putty knife to scrape these off.
· Try to hold the gun at a forty-five-degree angle, with the best way to make sure you’ve got the right angle being to see the caulk being forced into the crack as it comes out of the tube.
· Caulk in one even line without stopping and push the caulk to the bottom to avoid bubbles.
· Apply to both sides of a crack for better protection and reapply should the caulk shrink.
This is our current list of caulking guns on offer: